Help the Borlis Pass Forum Community grow!
Borlis Pass News and Scheduling
Help make Borlis Pass a community in which we all are a part of and can be proud of. We encourage you all to spread the word about this site and our public TS. Tell your friends, family, neighbors, to come join the fun!

World Linking is coming to an end.

2 replies
Votes:
+345
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
(As I was writing this, Flukks got the news published first in the secret section. This will remain here as a brief rundown of the proposed WvW changes.)

Here is the link to the original announcement and the following discussion:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring

While it'll take a few months to roll out, these are some major. major proposed changes. I figure as long as we get to name our alliances, Borlis Pass will continue to exist - and fight on under our own name. The developers are taking suggestions right now and it could turn out best for us if the people of Borlis weigh in as well from our perspective as a low-tier server so we are adequately represented in the final implementation.

a3c5eWvW_image1.png

I'm getting ready to state my opinion there: so far it all sounds like cautiously optimistic news for lower tiers provided we can select our name rather than just be assigned a random name for alliances (worlds will be randomly generated), which I'm hoping they didn't mean.

The way it'll work (so far):

-All the servers that enslaved the lower tiers are going to be broken up.
-Players will select one of their guilds to be their World versus World guild.
-Alliances between guilds will be persistent every season, and 500-1,000 members each could easily fit all the guilds in Borlis Pass, as well as those of Borlis past. Again, I am hoping the players can name their own alliances to build or preserve a sense of community spirit as well as server continuity for those so inclined.

The plan is by no means set in stone or fully crystallized in how it's going to be implemented, so the time for community feedback is now.
Posted Jan 31, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 1, 18
Votes:
+21
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
My apologies. It was not my intent to supercede any official post. Ringon and I were talking about the upcoming world changes late last night... Borlis Pass is our home. As such, the changes feel like an eviction. And our hearts ache with that loss. But upon reflection... Borlis Pass is not a place, Borlis Pass is a people. The Pass can still exist, if the people wish it. That was my frame of mind last night as I spammed that meeting post across every social platform/server I had access to. Thank you very much for posting the official announcement and link. ❤️
Posted Feb 1, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+345
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
You are no usurper, my comrade! Apologies simply aren't necessary. I'll myself carry on discussion in all threads and merge these when it's done for historical purposes.

My main area which I'll use (and suggest) for pre-meeting organization discussion will be the Pass meeting thread since that seems the most task-relevant.
Posted Feb 1, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices