Help the Borlis Pass Forum Community grow!
Borlis Pass News and Scheduling
Help make Borlis Pass a community in which we all are a part of and can be proud of. We encourage you all to spread the word about this site and our public TS. Tell your friends, family, neighbors, to come join the fun!

Upcoming World Changes

8 replies
Votes:
+21
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
Greetings all,
In light of the recent Anet announcement, I would like to propose a BP server meeting at reset on Monday evening (Feb 5th), to be held on the Borlis Pass discord (https://discord.gg/BN4CSYV). Would like to discuss, and possibly obtain consensus on, future guild Alliances... and the future of “The Pass” itself. Many of us have lived and played together on this server for years. Do we attempt to protect and retain these relationships, or shall the upcoming world changes scatter us to the four winds? Please join us at reset on Monday, Feb 5th, to discuss. Thank you,
- Flukks
Posted Jan 31, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+345
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
I suggest we should concentrate discussion here so it can easily be seen.

To represent the missing as best we can, I am picturing a setup along the lines of those squads on PvE map instances. Since we're both commanders, you could open a squad in a map of our choosing (maybe somewhere more out of the way; Frostgorge Sound?) for non-comm users to join the discussion in. Those inevitably get full, so if we have an issue with that arise, the Discord would serve as a way or relaying ideas between map instances and get some listeners on each map. I could open a second instance if we get full.

First we'd need to settle on a location.

Any ideas? Flukks suggested Hoelbrak. Groznev Waypoint in Frostgorge is my idea; in lore that's where GW1 Borlis Pass is located. EDIT: Tim suggested the northeast corner of the Shiverpeaks starting zone. Which is better?
The Feared Intelligence Chief of Borlis Pass

Defending Tyrians from mysterious enemies in the Mist War since 1326 AE.

Fought over a landmass larger than Orr, I witnessed hundreds of thousands die in the Mist War. The fate of Tyria rests on a few shoulders in a callous world that did little to aid us. The other kingdoms owe us for warding off an enemy far more dangerous than the dragons.
Posted Feb 1, 18 · Last edited Feb 1, 18
Votes:
+64
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
Finance Officer
Meeting location. I prefer Hoelbrak as it is easy to locate for all. If we overflow the city it will be a momentous occasion then we could celebrate so many Borlis Pass inhabitants by marching out to another location waving our banners and emoting "BP BP BP meeting meeting meeting follow us" :)
Posted Feb 1, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+21
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
How about Obsidian Sanctum?
Posted Feb 1, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+21
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
Given that Anet has only just made the announcement, and changes aren't expected for several months, it's definitely too early for any decisions to be made. The only objectives for Monday's meeting are as follows:

1) for the BP community to reconnect,
2) to get a sense as to which guilds might be interested in forming an Alliance, and
3) to accumulate and consolidate a list of questions and concerns.

As to the second item, every guild will need to (and has the right to) make this decision on their own. And every guild's decision MUST be respected. For some, this will be a time to strengthen old bonds. For others, it will be the time to part ways. There are no wrong decisions. Each guild will need to make their decision based on what is the best option for THEM. Let us all be mindful and respectful of that.

Regarding the third item, I'm planning to consolidate a list to post to the official forums on behalf of this community. The hope is that such a post will get Anet's attention and/or carry more weight, as it's coming from a large group of players.
Posted Feb 4, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+345
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
The great Council assembles!

WE HAVE REMAINED UNITED THROUGH THE SEVEREST TRIALS AS ONE NATION AND CLUNG HARD TO IT DESPITE THE PRESSURES THAT FRACTURED SERVERS OF LESSER WILL. TODAY, GOING FORWARD, WE FIND THE AGE OF SERVITUDE IS ENDING AND WE FACE IT PROUDLY AS FREE MEN AND WOMEN, NORN, AND CHARR, AND MICE AND TALKING CABBAGES. WE ARE SURVIVORS. WE ARE THE UNSTOPPABLE LIBERATOR ARMY OF BORLIS PASS.

njFapzA.jpg
HjRp2kc.jpg
q3Ri3wG.jpg

And this is the chat log, assembled from a grand total of no less than 77 screenshots. I can only imagine what was happening in the discord at the time.

SK9nsjd.jpg

Fought over a landmass larger than Orr, I witnessed hundreds of thousands die in the Mist War. The fate of Tyria rests on a few shoulders in a callous world that did little to aid us. The other kingdoms owe us for warding off an enemy far more dangerous than the dragons.
Posted Feb 9, 18 · Last edited Feb 15, 18
Votes:
+165
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
There's not much here but I have to assume that a lot of chatter happened in comms. From what I'm reading here it seems to me that most people didn't read the FAQ's especially regarding alliances etc.

The number of guilds in an alliance won't be a huge number from what I see. There will be caps to how many people can fit into an alliance. The number of guilds in the alliance really depends on the number of people that have set the given guild as their WvW guild.

If you don't like where you wound up when the season starts you are stuck there until the next season. No switching worlds will be permitted once the season starts. That's all going to be handled by the programming that looks at the WvW guilds and alliances.

There won't be a BIG Borlis Pass Alliance name, for example, that can contain all of the folks in Borlis Pass that want to be in it. However, if by Borlis Pass we're talking mainly about the folks that were at this meeting plus that many more then I'd expect that all would probably make it into the alliance.

The purpose of not having huge alliances is to prevent "stacking" similar to server stacking. Keeping it smaller (we don't know the numbers yet) will allow ANet to get some granularity and make teams that as a decent mix of experienced and non-experienced players and so on. If they had huge alliances that would defeat the purpose of this new change and would be more like the servers we have now.

From what I'm reading there won't be an Alliance Name. Any guild can form an alliance with other guilds. For example I could put up Howl as a host guild. Other guilds could join/align with Howl and that would form an alliance. It would NOT have a special name. It would just be an alliance of guilds. Each of the guilds would mark their own guilds as their WvW guilds and so on. With the alliance we would all be put into the same world.

Marking a guild as your WvW guild guarantees that you are placed into the same world as other people that have marked THAT guild as their WvW guild, regardless of whether or not they represent it in WvW. All the other guilds you have don't matter in the making of the new worlds each season. All that matters is what people have marked as their WvW guilds. You will rep any guild you want. You don't even have to rep your WvW named guild for that matter. The WvW named guild is simply to ensure you are with other people with the same guild marked for WvW, and of course in the alliance that the guild is in. This marking is also going to be used by ANet to get numbers of people in WvW, their experience level, alliance numbers and so on and so on. Alliance hosts (and maybe members) will be able to see how many people are in their alliance (that's the plan anyway).
Posted Feb 9, 18 · Last edited Feb 9, 18
Votes:
+165
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
one correction in the above... it looks like people WILL be able to switch worlds during a season, at a cost of course and if the world has room and so on.

From the ANet forum:

Players will be able to select worlds from the WvW panel in game. Worlds that are available for transfers will show up in the new WvW world panel. Worlds can be in these three different states:

The cost of transfer worlds has not been determined.
Attached Images
Posted Feb 9, 18 · Last edited Feb 9, 18
Votes:
+345
Editor-in-Chief
Correspondent
I've had a lot on my plate of late... but here is the missing parts of the chat record. I'm just happy we at borlis.org were still able to have an impact in-game, though I fear this age may soon be ending. Pray it isn't so and that the New World Order will restore the ground on which we stood.

Posted Feb 15, 18
NoticeNotices