Help the Borlis Pass Forum Community grow!
Borlis Pass News and Scheduling
Help make Borlis Pass a community in which we all are a part of and can be proud of. We encourage you all to spread the word about this site and our public TS. Tell your friends, family, neighbors, to come join the fun!

Moving on, again...

7 replies
Votes:
+143
Trusted
Hello Borlis Pass friends and acquaintances:

This announcement may or may not have been on anyone's radar but here it is.

I have moved to SoS. This will be a permanent move.

The rationale is simple:

I simply do NOT run with Borlis Pass folks in WvW much at all. The people that I know and like are mostly in WvW when I'm not online (I'm on most nights after 8pm PST, and often not online until 9 PST. When I am online there isn't an organized group that appears to be online regularly. It's the same song I sang last time when I went to CD but in this case even CD doesn't run in my time slot anymore.

Great people in BP, great people in CD,... hell great people everywhere. BP Community? That's all good and fine but at the end of the day on BP I'm a solo player most of the time. The one BP guild that runs partly into my time slot is JOY (and they're transient imo), and frankly as good as Zen is with all his experience he's too cranky for my liking. I joined that guild and ran with them for a while but after getting poop a few times for doing my own thing with regards to scouting ahead etc (which I do very well) I decided that wasn't the place for me. Ask me for numbers, but don't tell me to give you effing numbers... because that just makes me go... BLINK.. outta here.

Anyway, that just convinced me to remove myself from that guild. The last couple of weeks I've been running with Galatis (GAL) led by Sunny Boy Tzu... Wonderful people, superbly organized, great fights and havoc... pretty much ALL the time I'm online... especially during MY primetime.... and I almost hate to say this but asking and wanting me to run with them, something I haven't experienced in a very long time.

Also, trying to find people to run with me, and asking and being turned down again and again has finally stopped working for me. Maybe Donna was right when she told me I blew it last time I left?

So for me this is a no brainer... Call me what you want but I have to do what makes this fun for me in a game that I spend waayyyy too much money on!

I love you guys in MoB, VKNG, HK, and others here and there that I see now and then and wish you all the best!

I have turned ownership of this site over to Avenger of the Pass.
7e136e3b1bdd1409.png
Posted Feb 10, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 10, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+64
Trusted
Grand Contributor
Thanks for your help Timbits in supporting Borlis Pass o_o
Posted Feb 10, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+5
Trusted
Good luck Tim. Completely understandable that you are searching for active players in wvw and you made a good decision once you found it. Look forward to fighting you in the future. Just pm me if you kill me 🙂
Posted Feb 11, 18
Votes:
+143
Trusted
thanks Mia! I look forward to being 'hunted'.. lol... My Soulbeast is primed and ready. Be careful what you bring though... cause I haven't met many Rangers I couldn't kill... a few that try to run away and now and then one that gets me cause I screwed up my key combos... and at my age that happens too much! :)

Anyways, thanks! You rock :)
7e136e3b1bdd1409.png
Posted Feb 11, 18 · OP
Foo tag
Votes:
+1
Administrators
Trusted
Thank you Tim we will always be friends an, when the new thing happens we will meet up again. but with all the stuff happening with us building the new guilds here I need to help build them I need to switch around with upgrading to help so please don't take it to heart if I move around my guild reps. We will meet again soon.
Posted Feb 13, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+143
Trusted
wrote:
Thank you Tim we will always be friends an, when the new thing happens we will meet up again. but with all the stuff happening with us building the new guilds here I need to help build them I need to switch around with upgrading to help so please don't take it to heart if I move around my guild reps. We will meet again soon.

No worries Foo! If only I had the same interest in the PvE side of things that most of you folks do we would see each other a lot more. But... we will meet out there, on one side or the other... and yes I will always consider you and the rest of MoB good friends.

oh hey, check out the damage I put out with my Soulbeast last night! If I had done that on a player they would have reported me for cheating I bet.. lol
Attached Images
7e136e3b1bdd1409.png
Posted Feb 13, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+336
Administrators
Trusted
As right hand and left we did our utmost to keep what's left of this forum going. Your presence will be missed, and dearly! Some circumstances are out of our control, such as the virtual absence of a Borlis Pass community on the night crew. My cards played out, Tim's played out, that of other great pillars like Warmaster's and Seidr's played out, and the ship of server running like a zombie on bankruptcy.

Some came for the victories. Then we could no longer offer victories.
Some came for the fights. Then we could no longer offer fights.
Some came for the community. Then the community outside NA prime fell apart.
Some came for the last thing we could offer: the hardships and trials that must be borne alone.

Yet despite all this, I am looking forward to my Borlis Pass Invader title rightly earned after bloody years of defending Borlis Pass.

Let's see what we can do with the situation.

In my first official decree I am going to nominate a new slate of admins. Flukks, Caramelle Sundae, and Foo the First have performed admirably in these trying times and they will need all the power they can get.
Friendly Command Tips: When you're no longer genuinely having fun with it, your command ability degrades along with the task focus it requires. Your reputation is like an army, you have to engage with others and risk it now and then to grow it, so be bold, be fearless in speech as it is easier to rebuild a good reputation than an army.
Posted Thu at 03:25 pm
List
Undo
Votes:
+49
Administrators
Trusted
Tim you're always a friend, when or whereever you see me out there, Ill still wave. Once we get un linked, Hope to see you in PvE borderlands at least!

/salute
BP FO LIFE!!!!
Posted Fri at 05:10 pm
NoticeNotices